Register for Stand Up! Training
Stand Up! 2016
Goals of workshops for Teachers and Youth Workers
These training try to help youth workers and teachers prepare for Stand Up Week. The sessions will be delivered by senior staff from BeLonG To, who will be very open to questions and discussions. The sessions will offer:
- A chance to increase your confidence in tackling and preventing homophobic and transphobic bullying.
- Insights into LGBT youths' priority needs in terms of support.
- Ideas for how to implement Stand Up in your school.
Dates & Registration - Click Here
Feedback from previous workshops
Those who participated in BeLonG To’s workshops in March 2015 in preparation for the last Stand Up Week completed anonymous evaluations at the end of their sessions. Over 80% of participants rated the workshops as either ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’ and as ‘Very Useful.’ Feedback to the open-ended questions about the workshops included, for example:
- Trainer was great!
- Good to facilitate sharing of experiences
- Very open discussion
- Videos very useful.
- Time flew!
- I found it very good that you could ask any question – no question was off-limits.
- I find it very helpful to leave with resources.
- Very relaxed and open – aware of teacher difficulties.
- I feel better prepared.
- Excellent knowledge.
- Excellent day!
- Really enjoyed it and very inspired!
- Thanks – could have gone on for another hour.
- More time for this training - thank you very much.
- An evening well spent.
- They know their stuff.